University of Bonn, Germany
Journalists across the globe can apply for an International Media Studies Master’s Program in Bonn, Germany. Full scholarships will be awarded to ten applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America or Eastern Europe. The program is sponsored by German media group Deutsche Welle, the University of Bonn and other organizations.
The four-semester, full-time program combines theory with training in practical journalism skills, and covers such topics as media and development, media economics, and communication science. The program ends with a master’s thesis and colloquium. Successful graduates receive a Master of Arts (M.A.).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
* completed application form
* curriculum vitae
* statement of purpose
* one passport-size photograph
* copy of your passport
Please note that the following documents (both the copies of the certificates and the translations into German or English) need to be certified. The stamp of authority that certifies the documents must be in English or German. Please refrain from sending originals. Certified copies suffice.
* academic degree(s) including transcripts
* proof of at least one year’s work experience in the field of media after your degree
If you are an applicant from China, Vietnam and Mongolia you need to submit original Certificate of APS.
If your first language is not English, you need to provide evidence of your English language skills by submitting one of the following:
* TOEFL: paper-based: score 557 or computer- based: score 220 or internet- based: score 83.
* IELTS: an overall band score of at least 6.0 or
* confirming letter from your previous university, if your first degree course was taught in English.
If your first language is not German and you have not completed a German language degree course, we require one of the following German language proficiency tests for Higher Education:
* DSH level 1
* TestDaF level 3, 3, 3, 3 (www.testdaf.de) or
* Goethe Zertifikat level B2.
Please send your application by post to the following address:
International Media Studies
Dr. Christoph Schmidt
You may send us a scanned copy of your documents per e-mail for verification in advance to the following address: email@example.com
Scholarships will be granted after the application deadline by a selection committee comprised of representatives from the University of Bonn, Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, DAAD and Deutsche Welle.